Navigational Toolbar

Friday, November 8, 2013

FAKE ABIDEC DROPS AND MY EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE PHARMACEUTICAL STORES SELLING THE PRODUCT


I want to alert the public about a fake Abidec multivitamin product in circulation. The product is supposed to originate from UK and sold here in Nigeria.

Two weeks ago I walked into a Pharmaceutical  store located at 7A, Asa Afariogun Street, off Osolo Way in Ajao Estate to buy some drugs which includes Abidec Multivitamin drops for my new born baby. The experience is really worth sharing.

On the day in question I made a lot of purchase including the Abidec drops. I got home and noticed that the whole carton used in packaging the drug is soaked. A close observation indicated that the bottle cap is leaking. I checked to see if it was previously opened but found the bottle cap sealed and intact.

I took the drug back to the Pharmaceutical store and called the attention of the sales girl who actually sold the drug to me. Her response concerning the issue was really shocking. She reminded me that she had earlier warned me not to carry the drug in a tilted position. When I reminded her that the drug was suppose to be airtight and properly packaged, I was told that it was supplied like that to them.

I also point out the fact that this drug was suppose to be coming from UK,  she told me with full assurance that the fault was from the manufacturers. When I asked her whether the Uk people will allow this kind of situation in their country? I received the real shocker of my life. She asked me to go to any other Pharmaceutical store and get something different.  She promised to refund me back my money if I get anything different. 

She vowed not to take it back and also counter my argument that the drug should be taken off the shelve.

I am calling on all the relevant authorities to look into this matter. We are talking about the life of new born babies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment